Upcycled Coca-Cola Can Flowers




My friend, Carole West from GardenUpGreen, invited me to participate in a DIY Coca-Cola Project challenge.  The idea was to create some kind of project for home or garden that has something to do with Coca-Cola.  I decided to upcycle the cans to make fun yard decorations. 



It starts with an empty can that is rinsed and dried.  Use a pair of sturdy scissors to cut the top off of the can.



 Cut the can into strips.


Trim the ends of the strips to round them off and then bend them into the desired shapes.  Then lay the flowers on newspaper and spray paint.  Create layers of color for different effects.



If you want, you can even cut the tops of the cans to make smaller flowers or glue the smaller flowers to the inside of larger ones.


I attached mine to my fence for a happy, little pop of color.







It's as easy as that.  Give it a try!


For more fun DIY Coca-Cola projects, check out the following blogs:

Grit Antiques


Garden Up Green

To Work With My Hands

Farmhouse 40

DIY Coca Cola Ideas for the Home or Garden

1 comment